Wearing the correct bike shorts for cycling is critical as they are designed to provide compression and comfort on every ride.
A key factor of a decent pair of bike shorts is the padding or chamois.
This ingenious device provides comfort in the saddle for both short and long journeys and once you have tried a reputable pair of bike shorts you will never look back.
The women’s bike shorts picked for this review are the most popular brands out there at the moment. They should give you a view of what is on offer for female cyclists and also a breakdown of some of the features you would expect in a quality pair of women’s cycling shorts.
Our choice for the best Women’s bike shorts for 2017
SIZE(INCHES) S : WAIST : 21.2, INSEAM:7.2,THIGH:18.4 ,
SIZE M : WAIST 22.8 ,INSEAM : 7.5 ,THIGH: 19.4
,SIZE L : WAIST 24.4, INSEAM 7.8 , THIGH :20.4 ,
SIZE XL : WAIST 26,INSEAM 8 ,THIGH 21.4,
SIZEXXL: WAIST 27.6,INSEAM:8.3 ,THIGH 22.4 ,
SIZEXXXL:WAIST 29.2,INSEAM 8.6 ,THIGH 23.4
When you get into the sport of cycling and maybe even triathlon then you should consider investing in a more expensive pair of shorts. You will have to pay a bit more but the quality and comfort of a really good pair of women’s bike shorts is well worth the additional cost.
Remember you want them to last, plus you might transition into longer distance cycling or perhaps even an IronMan race so don’t skimp if you don’t have to.
When you start to look at the higher end of bike shorts for women you can pay anything up to three hundred dollars for a pair. We love these Pearl Izumi women’s shorts as they offer good value for the quality you get from the Louis Garneau brand.
Best Women’s Bike Shorts – Features Galore.
Here is an example of some of the features you get with the Louis Garneau Corsa women’s shorts above.
- Featuring a compressive fit and an eight-panel design
- Abrasion resistant Speed Tech fabric has a dimpled mesh construction aimed at improving aerodynamics and offering moisture management
- Eight-panel design enhances fit and comfort by distributing pressure evenly
- no seams inside legs help reduce chafing while peddling
- Laser-cut Aero Lazer cuff bands provides a second skin feel
- smooth transitions, and extra muscle support
- 4Motion chamois combines 3D wings and a deep split at the back for multi-directional motion and amazing comfort
- HuggFit waist won’t dig into your skinBack and bottom reflective logos help keep you visible in low-light situations
If you have a favorite pair of shorts you wear out on the bike that you can’t live without then let us know and we may add them to the list. We can’t obviously cover off every brand or style here so just picked the ones we feel are top quality for the money.
Also, we would appreciate you hitting one of the share buttons and spreading the word if you feel that this post on women’s bike shorts is of value to you or perhaps to one of you friends.
Thanks for stopping by and happy cycling.